Thursday, July 10, 2014

Wundabar Pilates = Stress Reliever/Awesome Exercise!

Sorry for the lack of posting. Lately, the new house stuff has been stressing the Lady out. We are in escrow currently, and it could not be any more confusing. They should just rename the escrow phase to "the pile of paperwork" phase. No fun, not one bit.

So naturally, the Lady gets stressed about every little thing. This big hump in our lives has really stressed me out. Why wouldn't it right, it is the biggest purchase we will probably make in our lifetime (minus the yacht and helicopter we're going to buy one day......lol). What has helped me out tremendously over the last 6 months, in times of stress, in times of busy-ness, in times of just down-right-crazy, what calms me and centers me is Pilates. Some people swear by Yoga or Spin, I swear by Wundabar Pilates.

Not only is it a great workout, it stretches me, pushes me, makes me sweat, makes me wanna cry, makes me quiver and shake, and makes me focus on myself. It betters me, physically and spiritually. I could be having a crappy day and when I go to Wundabar, you just forget about it. You kind of have to, you focus so much on your body, your position, your core, that you just forget all your problem. If there's one thing the Lady hates, it's exercising. Running in particular. Running and the Lady are arch enemies. So any exercise that I can mindlessly yet mindfully do, I'm all for it. It's become very zen for me, I just basically plug out and detach myself from the world, and for that 45 minutes session I just focus on myself and the exercise. It's very comforting and calming, if you know what I mean. Almost like being in the water, diving.......almost :)


(looks like a scary contraption but it's the uniquely patented 
Wundabar Pilates reformer, this thing is amazing. 
Picture courtesy of Wundabar Pilates)

No comments:

Post a Comment