Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Birthday!

Wow, summer is almost over and here we are again, my birthday! I can't believe it's my 32nd birthday. Where has time gone? And I say this every year by the way, according to the Man.

This year, the Man decided to surprise me and made reservation to several places. Yamashiro in Hollywood was the winner. What a gorgeous restaurant with an amazing view on the hilltops of Hollwood! The "mountain palace" (rough translation) was designed impeccably, beautiful details, a nice indoor garden and a beautiful Japanese garden and pool. I can see why people like this restaurant, its views of Hollywood are stunning and the palace is in pristine shape.

(Yamashiro for my 32nd birthday)

(Yuzu avocado scallop & shrimp with orzo. Orzo was delicious!)

(Asian BBQ ribs, sweet and spicy!)

(Being a Japanese restaurant, their sushi selection was not that great. The salmon was good, this was their fusion
lobster roll, which was tasty but not mind-blowing)

(Courtyard garden with surrounding seating. Very pretty)

(Exterior photo of the palace at night all lite up)
I am blessed with all  kinds of gifts and messages from family and friends.

(HS girlfriend sent me flowers and a goodies basket!! What a lovely surprise!)

(Three kinds of cakes from Porto's and one of my favorite flowers, the hydrangeas. Love the pale pink color)

(The Man spoils me!! And black is so sleek as wrapping paper! I got the Spiralizer!
Thank you honey!)

(I think this is Little P wishing me happy birthday)

So grateful,
The Lady


No comments:

Post a Comment