Saturday, February 28, 2015

So many steps to this planter.....when will I plant?!


Holy cow, I feel like we've been working on this planter forever. I guess it doesn't help that we took a couple weekends off because of the rain. But wow, started on V-day and now we are at the end of February and I still haven't planted!

Well, I got started at least. In those small planter containers, so the seeds won't freeze and die off. Bought 2 cubic feet bags of soil from Home Depot over the weekend to plant my little seedlings. We lined the planter with weed blocking liner and finally attached the corner pieces. The air compressor and staple gun were fun to use! Kinda scary at first (because it blows air every time you staple), but once you get used to it, it's a piece of cake! Look at me, the Lady using the Man's power tools! Looking complete! Next weekend, if we have good weather, I think I'm going to finally plant some stuff!! The veggies that can handle being planted directly I mean (basil, cilantro, lettuce). Moving right along....

In other news, looks like March is going to be a crazy month for us. Seems like lots of things are going on, the biggest is the Man is going on a business trip to Germany! How exciting....actually not so much because he'll be working and going with his boss. As for the Lady, I bought a ticket to go back to the homeland (Japan) to see my family and spend time with my grandparents this coming April. I am so excited to go, I love going to see my family, spending time with them, I love everything about Japan, and I love and miss the food so so much.


(Starting the liner, corners were difficult!)

(Yay, corner piece is finally attached!)


(Say Hello to my little friend.....haha just kidding. Just our little donut compressor
and the staple gun, which also shoots nails too. Nifty little tool)


(Ah the Man looks like such a weekend Dad doesn't he? What's more homey than
seeing your husband mow the lawn and get rid of weeds on a weekend?)

(Lots of dead grass)


(Gorgeous weekend, blue skies and green grass)

(Our rose bushes are on steroids, they keep blooming even though when we don't water it! Grass is looking
much better now, it was getting pretty high)
(This is a BEFORE picture of the grass and rose bushes, crazy how quickly the grass grows)


(Another Before picture of the grass. We don't even water the lawn!)

(Spent the majority of the weekend putting seeds and soil into these little starter planters. These are
mostly tomatoes)

(This is inside my side of the garage, where it's fairly warm and gets good amount of sunlight)

(Grow my little babies!)




Getting excited for some veggies,
The Lady




No comments:

Post a Comment