Sunday, May 3, 2015

All the glorious foods of Japan

Anytime the Lady goes back to Japan, it is basically a food trip as well as seeing family. Basically binge eat everyday of all the yummy delicious foods that I miss out on while living in LA. Sure, we have great Japanese food in LA too, but nothing compares to actually having Japanese food in Japan, fresh caught fish, Grandma's home cooking, small Japanese portion, and all the things I normally wouldn't get in LA. It was glorious and very indulgent.

And yes, the Lady overate. I was full like every meal. I indulged. But it was just for a week, so that's okay right? :)

(If I could have marbled meat like this - Kobe Beef - I would just die of happiness. There is really nothing like
the marbled Japanese Kobe beef in Japan. Just delicious and melt in your mouth!)

(This case of futomaki and assorted sushi made me so happy, this is glorious!)

(And fried stuff!! Who doesn't like croquettes and kushi stuff?! Love yakitori, especially negima, I could
eat that all day)

(Yes, folks, that is really $6.80 - just about - for a small container of strawberries.
I feel blessed we get such good, inexpensive fruit in LA)

(This is heaven, sashimi galore)

(I just want to cry, there's so many choices!!! And 98 cents for one roll?! Can't beat that!)

(This fluffy, soft, chewy bread from LIFE market defines Japanese white bread. It was so good, so deliciously
fluffy yet chewy and soft and melty.....)

(My aunt prepared unagi for me! One of my favorites! It was delicious, and yes, I
ate this all by myself)

(I am not ashamed to admit it but this was my typical breakfast. The Man would laugh when I send him this
picture. I LOVE Japanese sausages like there is no tomorrow. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!)

(More marbled meat pictures just because. I droll looking at these)


(Lunch at home with my grandma!! This was awesome, fresh hamachi, scallops and cucumber which we made
into handrolls! It was delicious and so fresh!)

(Mmmmm nothing like homemade handrolls, you get to eat as much as you want!)

(My grandma's FAMOUS atsuyaki tamago, which is basically a slightly sweetened
egg omelet roll. She makes this so well!!!)

(Bought some delicious bread from a local bakery with my aunt. This again was
amazing and so fluffy!! How do they do it?!)

(Tempura feast made by my aunt and grandma! This was delicious! Kabocha,
kakiage, renkon, shrimp, tako and chikuwa!)

(I love Japanese eggs. The yolks are deep orange, not light yellow like we have in LA.
They are also rich in flavor and I love eating it like this, onsen tamago)

(Delicious cheese cake my uncle bought home, a little different from the usual
Morozoff cheesecake)

(I must admit, I ate all this for breakfast one day. YES! I'm a fatty, 4 sausages, 1 freaking tamago yaki, toast,
tomatoes and sliced cucumber!! Holy moly, breakfast of champions!)

(One of my favorite cuisines, sukiyaki!! With delicious marbled meat of course...droll....)

(My kind of dinner)

(Seriously can eat this everyday, hamachi belly - just so smooth and melt in your mouth -, amaebi - so sweet
and succulent-, and futomaki, because you just can't go wrong with futomaki)
I am just getting hungry writing this blog. There so much beauty in Japanese foods, from plating, to packaging to every detail chefs and cooks put into preparing Japanese foods. It's obviously my favorite and it really hits a sweet spot in my heart.

Hungry,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment