Friday, May 15, 2015

Hitting too close to my heart

I am so behind with my blogs. Still got stuff to post from Japan and then from Mother's Day, but this week, I was overtaken by the sadness and worry for Little P. 

My little affectionate baby, Little P was playing around last Friday evening in his little tube playground when I noticed a little bump and a blood spot on his side. I immediately freaked out and the Man and I examined him a little closer. Sure enough, like the picture below, he had a growth and had probably been chewing on it. My poor little baby. I cried so much that night. 

Unfortunately, we took him to the wrong kind of vet who had horrible bed side manners and made an incision in his growth, which is now still healing. The second image below shows how swollen and black/purple his growth is because of the vet's carelessness. We regret having him go through that, I'm sure it was traumatizing. We found out basically that it was a growth (not sure if it's cancerous) but it definitely was not a cyst or a pool of pus.

It's been a week now since I discovered the growth on him. He has been in such good spirits. My little boy is such a fighter, his scab is starting to heal better (first day was terrible, it looked so swollen) and he is still running around full of energy. We decided not to go through with his surgery and let him live the rest of his life full of energy as himself. I didn't want him to be weak and in pain after the surgery and who knows if he would have lived through it.

I'm so glad he is still himself and eats, drinks, sleeps and plays around just the same. He lets me pet him as well, which is nice. The Man has been giving him his antibiotics so the cut doesn't get infected. However, his growth is not getting smaller, it's about the same size. It's always so hard to prepare for death. It's inevitable but still, so hard when you get attached and your pet becomes family. I remember when our first hamster, Hamilton, had to be put down. It was such a heartbreaking and devestating thing for us to do. I hope that Little P lives a good, painless rest of his life and just goes in his sleep peacefully. He has brought me so much joy and love in my life, something I will never forget. 

For now, thanks for sticking by us Little P and being a part of our family. We love you so dearly.




Distressed and saddened,
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment