Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Mother's Day 2015 - Blueberry Picking at Underwood Farm

Late post for Mother's Day.

We went blueberry picking in Somis for Mother's day taking along my grandma as well. She loved it so much!! Fruit is so expensive in Japan, it was a treat for her to be able to pick and eat blueberries. It was lots of fun and they were really big and sweet too. The strawberries were fun picking too, a little harder since you had to search for them. The blueberries were so abundant, you could just stay at one bush or one row and be done. There were lots and lots of blueberry bushes. The day started off cloudy but eventually the sun came out and it turned out to be a humid day. My heart was not into this wholeheartedly because of Little P. This same day, we took him to the vet after blueberry picking so I was worried the whole morning. Nonetheless, we had a fun time picking and everyone got their share of blueberries (and I felt a bit more humble towards farmers and pickers who pick and harvest fruit, it's tough work!).


(The Man picking blueberries)

(Beautiful bushes of berries)

(Aisles and rows of blueberry bushes)

(My sweet grandma fooling around with her hat as she picks berries)


(The Lady and her grandma)

(Grandma and my mom)

(I love this photo of these two)

(My grandma was full of energy that day, she kept picking and picking!)

(Super sweet strawberries!)


(I love my grandma's happy smile)

(Selfie with grandma!)

(Strawberry picking! Was a bit harder since it was low to the ground)

(Bento lunch time!! Courtesy of my mom and grandma: onigiri, tempura, tamagoyaki)

(We went to the Flower Mart in DTLA together and bought some beautiful orchids)

(Three generations!)

Thankful,
The Lady


No comments:

Post a Comment