Friday, September 26, 2014

End of Week 8: Paint time!!

Ending Week 8 here......this week was better than the last two weeks. Everything is wrapping up, rough work I mean. Now for the finishing work, which is more like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

The crew is finishing up today the last tid bits of rough work (plumbing, lighting, closing up drywall, cancelling things, touching up moldings, etc). Hot mopping (tarring the area to prevent water leakage) in the shower/bath area happened on Wednesday so we're on a roll! I went there yesterday to paint the colors we have selected for the bathroom and kitchen. Wow, I can't believe it's already here!! Paint!! Yikes.....

I realized as I was painting these colors on the wall....I have never in my life painted a wall before. Sure, artwork, canvas, things for school yes. But actually painting a wall, I have no experience in that. The Man has plenty of experience painting. Seems easy, but it's not. In fact, using a little brush for a sample wall was not a good way to go. It left a lot of streaks.....okay, much harder than it looks. Apparently, I'm supposed to do multiple coats too.

This weekend, me and the Man's big task is the completely paint the kitchen, bathroom, laundry, pantry and powder room!!! Huge task. I hope we can get it done by Monday. The Man thinks it's no problem, but I'm the newbie here so....hope the paint goes on well and doesn't clump or streak!


(Hot mop, check!)


(Hot Mop shower and bath area, check! Smells terrible, because it's tar)


(Sample paints....lots of shades of grey. Yes, I like neutral, I like greys)



(This is a bad picture, couldn't get a good shot of this in the right light. Two spectrums of grey and the last one is
black...though at this angle it looks charcoal)


(Bathroom wall of all 4 colors we are considering, light grey to black)


Paint time!!
The Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment