Saturday, September 6, 2014

Where did summer go?!

I cannot believe that it is already September......where did summer go? Seriously?! Sigh........

Time moves so quickly as an adult. As a kid, I used to love summer. Summer seemed endless. Literally. Months and months of free time to do whatever I wanted to do. I love the heat, I love the sunny blue skies, I love the ocean and the pool. I really miss summer as a kid.

As an adult, summer is no different than any other season. In fact, it kind of sucks. You see all these people who have great jobs and have the summer off, or friends that take amazing summer vacations. Shoot. The Man and I worked all summer. I guess we got to go to Cozumel at the beginning of summer.....I guess we were lucky to do that all before this new house drama.

Where did summer go. Now, as an adult, I am slowly disliking summer. Ever year it seems worse. Hot, hot, hot. Hot is miserable. Hot makes me cranky. Hot gives me headaches. Hot = can't sleep. Hot = Punas can't sleep.....Yuck. I'm done with summer!! I can't wait for the autumn crisp, cool weather. Sunny days but chilly 70 degrees. I have no patience for 90+ degree weather anymore.

I can just feel it. I am jaded. Adulthood brings responsibilities. Five, six years ago, I would have never said these words. Summer was great in my twenties. Beach on the weekends, staying up late bonfiring, going to watch favorite bands play at cool venues, eat whatever the heck I wanted, and not even worry about sunblock because heck, I'm young. Wow I am sounding super cynical today. Guess age jades you. Like a lot..... Anyway, autumn please come quickly.

(The beautiful and stunning Kapalua Bay in Maui, HI last October. Just gorgeous. I miss summers like this.
Lazy, watching the sunset on the beach, doing nothing, enjoying life....)

Jaded,
The Lady 

No comments:

Post a Comment